Online patient services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time.
There are three steps to registering for online patient services:
1. Create your online account details.
Contact the practice and let us know that you want to register for online services. After verifying your identity we will send your online account details to you.
2. Create your patient access account.
Once you have your online account details (also known as your registration letter) you can create an account at www.patientaccess.com. Patient Access is the online health services provider that the Corbett Medical Practice uses.
3. Link the Corbett Medical Practice to your patient access account.
Once you have created your patient access account you will be given the option to 'Link you GP Practice'. You can do this using your online account details.
You will not be able to access all the advertised features until you have linked your patient access account to your GP practice.
A detailed guide on how to create your patient access account can be found here.
More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices.