Appointments and General Enquiries (01905) 795566 Monday - Friday 08:00 – 18:30
All consultations are by appointment only. Appointments can be made online, in person at Reception or by telephone.
We have the following types of GP appointment:
- Pre-bookableappointments for routine/non-urgent issues up to 4 weeks in advance.
- Same day for urgent issues. Please contact us first thing in the morning and we should be able to offer a Same day appointment or within 24 hours (as appropriate) depending on demand.
- Same day Telephone Consultationsweekdays 08:00 – 20:00, weekends 08:00 -12:00 (Provided by South Worcestershire GP services). A clinician with access to your GP medical records can assess, advise, diagnose and issue prescriptions over the phone. For more information see swgpservices.nhs.uk.
- Evening and early morning pre-bookable Nurse and GP appointments to accommodate our working patients. These additional appointments are available between 07:00 – 08:00 Mondays and Tuesdays and 18:30 – 20:00 one evening per week. (Please note this is a voluntary additional service with a limited number of appointments)
- Emergencies - (01905) 791961 this line should only be used in a life-threatening situation.
If you are unable to attend the surgery due to illness, and need the doctor to visit you at home, please telephone between 08:00 and 10:30.
Please remember that several patients can be seen in the practice in the time that it takes to make one home visit. There are also better facilities for examining and treating patients at the surgery.
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance. (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
Medical Student and Trainee GPs
The Corbett Medical Practice is an established and active teaching practice.
This means that the Practice teaches years 1- 4 of Birmingham Medical School undergraduate students. Their course involves them learning about and experiencing General Practice and seeing patients in the Practice environment under the supervision of our GPs. All of our GPs have a passion and commitment to teaching and training the next generation of health care professionals, and most of our GPs are actively involved in teaching these students.
In addition to undergraduate medical students, the Practice also trains post-graduate Doctors in their second year after qualification (Foundation year 2 "FY2") but especially Doctors who have chosen to specialise in General Practice and are on an official specialist training program (Specialist Trainees - ST1, ST2 or ST3).
Whilst all of these Doctors are qualified, they practice under the clinical supervision of specific GP trainers in the practice and are always supervised in clinics by fully qualified General Practitioners.